Thursday, December 2, 2010

Skin burn and bites

Today I decided to bake a cake with the kids. And as I was taking the cake out, I burned myself with the oven. I am clumsy, what can I say. So, here is what you need to do when you burn yourself. Put some Lavender essential oil on it. Yes, I said it before, this oil is the best thing you can have around you.
Don't be shy on it, just rub it until it feels better. Of course, I am not talking about 3rd degree burns (those, you need to go to hospital right away). This has worked every time, from oven burn, oil that jumps out of the pan and so on.

Also, another great use in the same area is when you get stung by an insect. I was amazed on how quick it works. One night, in provence, I woke up to go to the bathroom. The kids were sleeping in the same bed as I so I did not put the light on. When I went back to bed, while I was siting down, I felt a sudden burn in my knee!! Darn it hurt!!! So, too bad for the kids, I turned on the light and looked for my purse to get the lavender essential oil. I rubbed and rubbed and eventually (after a few minutes) the pain was gone and we could barely see anything. It was a wasp (guepe in french). The next day, I could not see anything, except a red dot.
 Then a few week later, Timo, my 7 years old son, got stung also by a wasp while in the shower, between the legs. He was just screaming. Well, the good news is that lavender works great on kids too. After a few minutes the pain went away (I did not know if he was allergic or not, so I monitored it in the middle of the night with a flashlight and there was nothing to be seen).

Have fun with your lavender. And have a good smell too :-)

2 comments:

  1. cou cou Sandrine! I am enjoying your blog! I, too, had a bad burn from grabbing a pan that had just come out of a 450 degree oven. Really dumb. As soon as I was able to remove the ice (it was a terrible burn) i put lavender oil and camomile oil on my hand. Where it looked like it was going to blister, it never did! I kept applying and in a few days it was better! Of course, I credit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helene, how happy it makes me to see that you are here :-) Aren't those burns always dumb?? ahahahaha. I thought of you yesterday on my hike. So glad to see your post this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete