Monday, February 7, 2011

Homemade Rinse agent

I have been using my homemade dishwasher detergent and have been bugged by the fact that I was using Jet Dry for the dish rinser. It is expensive and again not really natural. So, I decided to search around for a recipe and believe that I found one!!!
Here it is. Everything is easy to find.


  • cup white vinegar

  • 1/4 cup alcohol

  • 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide (3%)

  • tablespoons citric acid



  • Mix everything and pour it in. 



    Here are what one person commented about the recipe: 
    We have very hard water and even though I use Jet Dry, my dishes never came out like this....really sparkling, even the flatware. I used wintergreen alcohol and fruit fresh for the citric acid (that's what a pharmacist told me to use). 



    Have fun and be natural!!! :-)


    The original recipe can be found here:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/debs-homemade-dishwasher-rinse-408794

    1 comment:

    1. Sandrine,

      Ou achetes-tu the wintergreen alcohol? Est-ce-que le fruit fresh est le truc avec lequel on rinse les fruits et legumes?
      Dominique

      ReplyDelete